CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Christmas bag, Mark 3.

Here's the final bag to go back to London with Dawnie on the early flight out of Melbourne next Monday.
This one is for her Mother, so since she does more lugging around than the rest of the girls, I've made hers into a real tote bag. The Santa is from a panel which I appliqued on with a straight stitch and gold thread. Stitched a fair bit of extra gold to highlight the gold in the picture itself, then some gold ricrac which I have had for ages to trim between the patched section and the appliqued piece.
Back and sides are pieced as well as the section underneath the Santa. The recipient is shorter than me, so I have knotted the straps for a slightly different look - AND to save me adjusting them since I didn't find that out till it was all neatened up - OOPS!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

The bag is lovely Vicki, especially the Nancy fabrics.

DAWNIE said...

Oh yes you really do beautiful work. I am luck enough to have proof too.